[Linaro-open-discussions] [Lkq-dev] CompassCI and LAVA/LKFT

Jammy Zhou jammy.zhou at linaro.org
Wed Nov 18 05:45:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

Below are some meeting minutes for the meeting yesterday.

Attendees:

   - openEuler: Fengguang, Kaitian
   - Huawei: Nan, Jonathan, Jerome
   - Linaro: Milosz, Anmar, Ryan, Yongqin, Jammy

Notes:

   - Fengguang did some introduction about CompassCI testing framework
   - Fengguang summarized the major benefits of LAVA/LKFT to CompassCI
      - LAVA dispatcher can support many device types
      - LKFT test definitions can be wrapped in lkp_tests (both lkp jobs
      and lava jobs are in YAML format)
   - Anmar asked if we can wrap lkp tests in LKFT, which is also possible
   according to Fengguang. But Fengguang's recommendation is to wrap LKFT in
   lkp, because LAVA has some limitations to support the data model of
   CompassCI.
   - Anmar asked the database support in CompassCI, and Fengguang shared
   that ElasticSearch is used now as the database backend to store data
   - Yongqin asked if there is any plan to support Android by CompassCI.
   There is no active plan at this moment, and since CompassCI is part of
   openEuler community, the server OS is the focus now.
   - The reports for Android Common Kernel testing can be found at [1]
   - The lkq-dev mailing list [2] can be used for further discussions.

[1] https://qa-reports.linaro.org/android-lkft/

Regards,
Jammy