[Linaro-open-discussions] Linaro : Meeting : Linux Kernel Discussion : Wednesday Meeting notes

Ulf Hansson ulf.hansson at linaro.org
Fri Nov 13 09:02:38 UTC 2020

+ Viresh

Hi Hanjun,

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 at 02:32, Hanjun Guo <guohanjun at huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi Ulf,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, please see my comments inline.
>
> On 2020/11/6 22:37, Ulf Hansson via Linaro-open-discussions wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 09:53, Mike Holmes via Linaro-open-discussions
> > <linaro-open-discussions at op-lists.linaro.org>  wrote:
> >> All
> >>
> >> Thanks for a good discussion yesterday, Hanjun's Unconre DVFS slides are
> >> now attached to the notes at
> >> https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/LOD/2020-11-04+Meeting+Meeting+notes
> > Just to make sure people know about it...
> >
> > For DT based platforms we have recently enabled a generic solution in
> > the Linux kernel to support DVFS. From a top level point of view, it
> > consists of letting a power-domain provider act as the backend driver
> > for changing the performance state (voltage/frequency). The mapping of
> > what state to select, is done through OPP tables.
> >
> > I am not an expert of ACPI specifications, but perhaps the DT bindings
> > can be used as inspiration for what is missing!?
>
> Could you point me to the patches or documentation?

In the kernel git these DT docs should be the most important, I think:

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/power-domain.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/power_domain.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/opp/opp.txt

I have looped in Viresh, maybe he has some additional OPP docs to point to?

Kind regards
Uffe