[Linaro-open-discussions] Linaro : Meeting : Linux Kernel Discussion : Wednesday Meeting notes

Ulf Hansson ulf.hansson at linaro.org
Fri Nov 6 14:36:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 09:53, Mike Holmes via Linaro-open-discussions
<linaro-open-discussions at op-lists.linaro.org> wrote:

> All
>
> Thanks for a good discussion yesterday, Hanjun's Unconre DVFS slides are
> now attached to the notes at
> https://collaborate.linaro.org/display/LOD/2020-11-04+Meeting+Meeting+notes

Just to make sure people know about it...

For DT based platforms we have recently enabled a generic solution in
the Linux kernel to support DVFS. From a top level point of view, it
consists of letting a power-domain provider act as the backend driver
for changing the performance state (voltage/frequency). The mapping of
what state to select, is done through OPP tables.

I am not an expert of ACPI specifications, but perhaps the DT bindings
can be used as inspiration for what is missing!?

[...]

Kind regards
Ulf Hansson, Linaro KWG