[Asa-dev] Pseudo Static ACPI tables for Qemu Sbsa platform

Tanmay Jagdale tanmay.jagdale at linaro.org
Wed Jul 29 11:35:18 UTC 2020

Hi Leif, Graeme,

I have pushed the following branch that adds support for the
pseudo static approach of modifying the ACPI tables.
http://git.linaro.org/people/tanmay.jagdale/edk2-platforms.git/log/?h=qemu_sbsa_pseudo_static_v1

With this we can boot Linux with any number of CPUs and the
ACPI tables will get configured at runtime based on the CPU
count.

I have separated them into 4 commits and a patch with all the
changes consolidated into one is in the attached file.

There are a few issues
1. We have to pass acpi_apic_instance=2 bootarg to Linux because
   2 APIC tables are getting created we have to use the 2nd instance
   which gets created at runtime.
   I'm working on a fix for this issue.

2. The SSDT table does not have entries for all CPUs and I'm working
   on updating that table too.

Can you please review this patchset and see if these changes are
okay ?

With Regards,
Tanmay